Mittwoch, Dezember 14, 2005

Sachen gibt's!

Von diesem Phänomen hat mir mal jemand erzählt, aber ich wollte es damals nicht so recht glauben:

Yesterday morning I went to get some bottled water from my garage. It had been in the garage for over a week, mostly undisturbed. The outside temperature was reportedly -17°C (about 1°F); I imagine the garage was slightly warmer than that, but still below the freezing point of water. I picked up a bottle of water and noticed that it was not frozen. In fact, it was completely liquid. But soon after I disturbed it, the water in the bottle began to crystalize. The water became progressively cloudy from the top down as it froze inside the bottle. The effect was much like the ice creeping along the walls and floors in The Day after Tomorrow.

Hier könnt Ihr die ganze Geschichte lesen und drei Videos von Wasser anschauen, das in zwei Sekunden zu Eis erstarrt.

(via Cynical-C)